Natural Eczema Treatment
At Health & Wellness Australia & Auckland, our natural health practitioners provide alternative treatment options to help you manage your eczema-related symptoms.
To chat to us about our natural eczema treatment options, call us on 1300 853 023 (Australia), 02 9964 0099 (NSW) or 09 479 5997 (NZ). You can also use our online Ask a Practitioner page to see how we can help you.
What is eczema?
Eczema is an inflammatory skin condition which affects about 1 in 3 Australians.
Symptoms of eczema can include:
- dry, itchy skin and weeping skin
- a recurring rash (commonly on the face, inner elbows, back of knees or hands)
- thick, rough skin
What causes eczema?
While the exact cause of eczema is not entirely understood, there are some factors that may increase a person's susceptibility to it, including:
- Family history - many people who present with eczema have a family history of the condition, or of other allergy-related conditions, such as hay-fever or asthma.
- Stress - exposure to stress can cause short-term acute eczema. It can also cause flare-ups in chronic cases. At HWA, we treat many children and adults whose eczema began following a stressful life event.
- Allergies - chronic eczema, as well as acute flare-ups can be triggered by allergies and sensitivities to certain food and environmental substances.
- Underlying issues - various undiagnosed health conditions (including chronic leaky gut, low immunity and high inflammation levels) can also increase susceptibility.
Allergies and eczema
Many cases of eczema begin during or after some sort of 'stressor'. However, it's reactions to foods and environmental substances which can prolong symptoms or spark flare-ups. The most common foods or environmental substances that may contribute to eczema include:
- salicylates (a natural chemical in many fruits and vegetables)
- amines (found in aged foods like cheese)
- dust & dust mites
Natural eczema treatment
At Health & Wellness Australia, use a technique called muscle testing (or kinesiology) to help identify your food and environmental triggers. Following testing, you can work with your practitioner to address your sensitivities using a natural allergy treatment called Positive Association Technique (PAT).
PAT is a non-invasive holistic therapy, which:
- draws on acupressure and kinesiology techniques
- aims to re-train your body
- may reduce your reactions to airborne and food-based substances, that may be causing or exacerbating your eczema symptoms.
Some eczema cases can be complex, so our Naturopaths may also recommend supplements, herbs and lifestyle advice to help you achieve the best long-term results.
PAT cannot cure allergies - it is intended to decrease your reactions and help manage eczema-related symptoms.
See if our natural eczema treatment can help you!
Want to know if our natural eczema treatment is right for you? Get in touch!
Send our practitioners a question using our Ask a Practitioner service, and you'll get a call-back or reply straight to your email inbox.
Call our Head Office on 1300 853 023 (Australia) or 09 479 5997 (NZ) 9am-5pmEST Monday-Saturday. Request a FREE Information E-PACK straight to your email inbox with more information about how we can help you with some of the most common allergy-related conditions and for more information about your local clinic
Want to book an appointment?
Want to try our natural eczema treatment?
Book an appointment with one of our experienced practitioners in one of our clinic locations:
In-House Eczema trial
PAT has been helping clients manage their Eczema symptoms since 2003 and the results prompted us to undertake an exploratory trial. In 2014 HWA undertook an in-house Eczema trial with 23 volunteers under the age of 14 who received between 3 and 12 sessions with our practitioners. The volunteers did not alter the medications they were already using, which were mainly cortisone creams. We saw a wide range of results, several volunteers reported a major reduction in their symptoms , the majority reported moderate to mild improvements and 2 volunteers saw no changes.
The volunteers completed a severity survey before and after the trial noting the degree of redness, itchiness and extent of their Eczema. The volunteers and their parents also completed a Quality Of Life (QOL) survey before and after the sessions. Surprisingly, many of the parents reported higher ratings of QOL improvements than their children, clearly showing the pressure pressure Eczema can place on the parents.
The parents' QOL survey included such questions as the time it takes to manage the condition, the financial burden and the emotional toll in managing their child's condition.
Find a Clinic: Australia & New Zealand
New Zealand Find naturopath acupuncture PAT practitioners allergy clinics in Australia & NZ Ask a Practitioner Free advice: From our Naturopaths, Acupuncturists and herbal medicine practitioners PAT Naturopathy Acupuncture Holistic Health Naturopathy: North Sydney Clinic, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, North Auckland, NZ Clinic Make naturopathy, acupuncture appointment at North Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, North Auckland, NZ Clinic