Natural Psoriasis Treatmet
At Health & Wellness Australia, our health practitioners provide natural psoriasis treatment options to help manage Psoriasis symptoms and potential triggers. To chat to us about our natural Psoriasis treatments, phone 1300 853 023 (Australia) 02 9964 0099 (NSW) or 09 479 5997 (NZ). You can also contact us online here.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is an autoimmune condition that causes raised, red, scaly patches to appear on the skin. It commonly affects the outside of the elbows, knees or scalp, but can appear on any location.
Psoriasis may seem similar to eczema, but there are some key differences:
- Psoriasis 'plaques' are well-defined, whereas eczema tends to be flatter with less well-defined edges.
- Eczema typically occurs on locations a typical for psoriasis, such as the front of the elbows or behind the knees.
While no single cause for psoriasis has been found, there are some factors which can contribute:
- allergies and sensitivities
- a copper/zinc imbalance, the ratio should be .7Cu to 1Zn
- emotional stress (which can deplete zinc levels)
- a genetic predisposition
- a compromised gut - e.g. "leaky gut"
What are the symptoms of Psoriasis?
The main symptoms that characterise psoriasis are:
- a red, scaly patch or area
- mild to extreme itching
- formation of "scales" and skin flaking
- a genetic predisposition
- flare-ups when exposed to individual "triggers"
There are 5 main types of Psoriasis
- Plaque Psoriasis - the most common form, appearing as raised, red patches covered with a silvery white buildup of dead skin cells (or "scale"), which commonly occur on the scalp, knees, elbows and lower back.
- Guttate - the second most common form, appearing as small, red, separate spots on the skin, usually appearing on the trunk and limbs and are not usually as thick as the 'scale' that occurs in plaque psoriasis
- Inverse - usually co-exists with another form of psoriasis, and shows up as very red lesions in body folds, and often appears smooth and shiny.
- Pustular - is characterised by white pustules surrounded by red skin.
- Erythrodermic - while rare (only about 3% of those with psoriasis) a particularly inflammatory form of psoriasis, can be widespread and fiery red.
Allergies and psoriasis
Chronic psoriasis as well as 'flare-ups' can be triggered by allergies or sensitivities to certain food and environmental substances.
most common food/environmental substances that may contribute to psoriasis include:
- dust & dust mites
- nightshades (e.g. capsicum, tomatoes, potatoes, etc.)
Natural psoriasis treatment
At Health & Wellness Australia & Auckland, use a technique called muscle testing (or kinesiology) to help identify your food & environmental triggers. Following testing, you can work with your practitioner to address your sensitivities using a natural allergy treatment called Positive Association Technique (PAT).
PAT is a non-invasive holistic therapy, which:
- draws on acupressure and kinesiology techniques
- aims to re-train your body
- may reduce your reactions to substances that may be causing or exacerbating your psoriasis symptoms, including airborne, seasonal and food-based
Some psoriasis cases can be complex, so our Naturopaths may also recommend supplements, herbs and lifestyle advice to help you achieve the best long-term results.
PAT cannot cure allergies - it is intended to decrease your reactions and help manage psoriasis-related symptoms.
See if our natural psoriasis treatment can help you!
Want to know if our natural psoriasis treatment is right for you? Get in touch!
Send our practitioners a question using our Ask a Practitioner service, and you'll get a call-back or reply straight to your email inbox.
Call our Head Office on 1300 853 023 (Australia) or 09 479 5997 (NZ) 9am-5pm EST Monday-Saturday.
Request a FREE Information E-PACK straight to your email inbox with more information about how we can help you with some of the most common allergy-related conditions and for more information about your local clinic
Want to book an appointment?
Want to try our natural psoriasis treatment?
Book an appointment with one of our experienced practitioners in one of our clinic locations:
Find a Clinic: Australia & New Zealand
New Zealand Find naturopath acupuncture PAT practitioners allergy clinics in Australia & NZ Ask a Practitioner Free advice: From our Naturopaths, Acupuncturists and herbal medicine practitioners PAT Naturopathy Acupuncture Holistic Health Naturopathy: North Sydney Clinic, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, North Auckland, NZ Clinic Make naturopathy, acupuncture appointment at North Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, North Auckland, NZ Clinic